In order to invite a person to the UK, there are a few requirements that must be filled on your part (as the sponsor) and on the part of the invite (the person being invited).
Reasons to request this visa include;
- For leisure, or on a vacation for sightseeing and to visit family and friends
- or, to conduct business or to participate in creative national events
- Additionally, for other reasons – including medical and psychological
Typically, the online application form will give you the guidance you need, and the requirements vary with the purpose of the visit and your relationship with the guest; but here are a few things you should keep in mind nonetheless –
Document 1: Valid ID documents
These may include your national passport and/or driver’s license to show that you are a national of the UK or you are eligible to invite people in to invite people into the UK.
Document 2: Proof of Your Relationship
Depending on your relationship with the guest, you may have to provide proof that you have a genuine relationship. This could simply be a letter that explains the details of your relationship including – where and how you met, how often you communicate and the medium of communication you use.
If your guest is a parent or sibling; this may not be necessary, an invitation letter and your birth certificate may suffice. Also if the guest is being invited by your company; a simple customized invitation letter is enough evidence
Document 3: Proof of Solvency (that you are buoyant enough to host your guest)
Whether the visitor’s expenses will be covered by them or you, you will have to provide proof that trip can be afforded. The proof, in this case, would be bank statements and /or pay slips
Document 4: Confirmation of your legal residence
This will include details of your current address, and an indication that the visitor will (or won’t be ) residing in your house for the length of their trip.
You may also be required to provide evidence of your rent or mortgage etc.
- If you are a Student – Documents from your education provider that prove your admission into said institution
- However, If Self Employed – Documents That Validate Your Business
- Also, If employed by a company – Confirmation of Employment from Employer:
Ultimately, the documents required are dependent on the purpose of the visit.