This post was most recently updated on October 16th, 2018
Trying to get a business visa to Nigeria? Learn how to here.
Business Visas are available to citizens of all countries except Economic Community of West African States (ECOWAS) Nationals who do not require a visa to visit Nigeria and other countries which Nigeria has entered into visa abolition agreements.
Who Needs a Business Visa?
Any foreign traveler who wishes to visit Nigeria for the purpose of a Meeting, Conference, Seminar, Contract Negotiation, Marketing, Sales, Purchase distribution of Nigerian Goods, Trade Fairs, Job Interviews, Training of Nigerians (Humanitarian Services), Emergency/Relief work, Crew members, Staff of NGOs, Staff of INGOs, Researchers, Musical Concerts.
What are the Requirements?
To be issued a business visa, you need the following:
- Passport valid for at least 6 months with at least 2 blank visa pages for endorsement. Amendment pages in the back of the passport are not suitable for Nigeria visas.
- Two (2) recent passport sized (35/40mm) photograph.
- A valid return ticket.
- Evidence of Hotel Reservation/host address in Nigeria.
- Validity of stay is 90 days (not extendable) you should note that this Visa is not valid for employment.
- Certificate of Incorporation. The applicant must contact the company in Nigeria to provide a Certificate of Incorporation.
- A Letter of Invitation. A signed letter of invitation from a sponsor (either a host company or individual) in Nigeria explaining the relationship to the applicant and the purpose of travel to Nigeria. The letter must indicate the length of stay, place of stay, and relevant contact information,
- Evidence of sufficient funds. Applicants need to submit financial evidence if the Invitation letter does not state that the host will be financially responsible for the traveler’s stay in Nigeria.
How do I apply?
- Fill in the online application. You can find the application at https://immigration.gov.ng/visas/ . Complete and print out a copy.
- Pay online and a payment receipt will be generated for you. Print out a copy.
- Affix 2 passport sized photographs to the completed Visa Form IMM22, along with the other requirements and submit through any of the following:
- Via Post to the Embassy/High Commission/Consulate of Nigeria where applicant is Resident
- In person at designated Visa Application Centre (where applicable) or,
- In person at the Embassy/High Commission/Consulate of Nigeria where applicant is Resident
The applicant may be invited for an interview if necessary.
Note For US Citizens..
The US State Department strongly encourages American citizens planning international travel to register with the US Embassy(s) in the countries they plan to visit. Registration notifies the US Embassy in each country of your travel plans and enrolls you in the State Department travel advisory and warnings program. Non-refundable tickets or reservations should not be purchased until all visas and passports are secured and in your possession.
How long does it take?
Your visa may be issued 2 – 3 working days from the receipt of your application.
How much does it cost?
You will be required to pay visa fees. You can find a full list of a country by country breakdown at https://portal.immigration.gov.ng/pages/visaguidelines.
Sample Invitation Letter
Here is a sample of an Invitation Letter to the Nigerian Consul in New York for a participant to attend a conference. The letter should be written on the organization’s letterhead. Be sure to include all the relevant information about the relationship and arrangement between the applicant and the organization.
Society for Family Health, Nigera.
Justice Ifeyinwa Nzeako House, 8 Port Harcourt Cres,
(234) 567 9012, (234) 888 1234
June 8th, 2018
Consulate General of Nigeria
828 Second Avenue, New York, NY 10017.
RE: INVITATION FOR PARTICIPATION AT 14TH ANNUAL AFRICA CONFERENCE ON HEALTHCARE DELIVERY, Lagos, Nigeria.
Dear Honorable Consul,
We would like to confirm that Dr. Evelyn Manning is registered for the 14th Annual Africa Conference on Healthcare Delivery coming up on 29th– 31 July, 2018 in Lagos, Nigeria. Ms. Manning is a medical doctor and cardiology specialist at Johns Hopkins Hospital, Baltimore, Maryland. The theme for this year’s conference is Enabling Precision Cardiology Through Multiscale Biology and Systems Medicine: Focus on Africa. As a leader in her field, Dr. Manning’s presence and contributions will greatly enrich the conference and give all participants the opportunity to learn from experts in the field.
All of Dr. Manning’s accommodation and living expenses have been covered by her registration fees. Please find the registration details attached.
We would be happy to provide any further information that may be required in order to facilitate obtaining Ms. Manning’s visa.
Green Wood Solutions Nig. Ltd.,
38, Bee Street, Maitama, Abuja.
contact@greenwoodsolutions (234) 856 7814
June 8th, 2018
Nigeria High Commission 295 Metcalfe Street,
Ottawa, Ontario K2P 1R9 Canada
We would like to request a Business Visa for Ms. Edith Long, Chief Operating Officer of Startimes Logistics Ltd, Alberta, Canada.
Ms. Long will be holding a series of meetings during her stay with the purpose of forging a business collaboration with our company. These meetings will run from the 22nd to 27th July, 2018 at our head office in Maitama, Abuja, Nigeria.
We undertake to be financially responsible for Ms. Long’s stay and other ancillary expenses arising from that.
Should you have further questions please feel free to contact us using the information above.