If you are applying to get a visa, then you’ve probably gotten acquainted with the rigors of the process. Worse, if you are from a third world country and only have a third world visa. Going in – you might be overwhelmed at how little the system swings in your favor. Thus, this is perhaps why you need a sample letter from employer for visa application.
In spite of the hassle involved, getting a visa is possible and can be easy.
But in order to navigate the course of your visa application with ease, your best bet would be to accomplish all the necessary requirements. Consequently, one of these requirements is submitting all authentic documents relevant to your application. One of these kinds of documents is a letter from your employer for the visa application.
Before you start writing your letterIf you do not have Grammarly - A grammar checker that I use every day for all my writing, please get it free from here Now. Grammarly. You can read my full story on how I discovered Grammarly here.
What is the Purpose of a letter from employer For Visa Application?
There are four major functions a letter from employer serves during the visa application process;
Provides proof of your Solvency:
This is the most important function of the letter from your employer required during the visa application process. Before you obtain a visa, you must convince the embassy that you have enough money to support yourself and fund your stay (especially if your visa restricts you from working during your visit).
In this case, the letter would detail information regarding your length of stay at the company, your position. But most importantly, your monthly salary, and as a plus, could include an enclosure of your most recent pay slips.
Serves as Employment Verification :
Alongside verifying the state of finances, the letter from your employer would also serve as proof of employment or a certificate of employment of sorts. Because, when requesting a short term visa, this kind of verification may be instrumental to its approval.
Detail the Nature of the Assignment/Business to be Conducted
If your trip is being initiated or sponsored by the company, a letter from your employer could facilitate the process significantly. The letter would carry details of the assignment or training you (or any staff) would undertake on arrival into the country as well as provide a guarantee that the company is financially responsible for your stay and all travel expenses incurred.
Invitation Letter From Prospective Employer
An invitation letter from a prospective employer may be one of two things – an invitation to interview (not that this is likely), or a job offer. In which case, congratulations are in order.
Components of a Letter from Employer for Visa application
A letter from employer for visa application may serve a variety of functions. Regardless of its intent, the letter must have the following components/ characteristic features
- The letter must have the signature/stamp of the employer (or a designated representative of the employer)
- Write the letter on company stationery; bearing the company letterhead…etc.
- In addition, The letter must reference the employee’s name and position.
- Also, Summarize the employee’s duties
- In conclusion, state the salary of the employee. This will demonstrate solvency
If it is a work assignment –
- Explain the nature of the business/assignment
- State the company’s willingness to finance the trip and travel expenses
- Enclose a letter from the company you are going to visit (not mandatory)
Sample Letter from Employer for Visa Application (Employment Verification)
Sample Letter from Employer for Visa Application (Detailing the Purpose of Your Visit)
Other Invitation Letters for Visa
- How to write an Invitation letter for US Visa – (B2 Tourist)
- Sample Graduation Invitation Letter for Visa
- Sample Invitation Letter to Parents for USA B-2 Tourist Visa
- Writing an invitation letter for Business Visa – USA B1
- Sample Letter From Employer For Visa Application
- Invitation Letter For Visitor Visa For Wedding